Terminology Used in Informix Load Stages
The Informix® terms used in this document are explained below.
- before-link and after-link routines
- A user-specified external routine or process that performs an action before or after all link-related activities for a specific link, for example, cleaning tables before bulk loading.
- Bulk Load stage
- A passive stage whose role in an IBM® InfoSphere® DataStage® job is to take streams of tabular data and load them into tables of a target database.
- control file
- A file of commands for bulk loading one or more tables from a single link.
- data file
- An ASCII file of row/column data from an input link that is to be loaded.
- local bulk loading
- Bulk loading that occurs when both the InfoSphere DataStage job and Informix server are on the same physical machine.
- remote bulk loading
- Bulk loading that occurs when both the InfoSphere DataStage job and Informix server are on different physical machines.
- The Informix database to which you connect in order to use the Informix Load stage.