Configuring write permission to the registered-servers.xml file
The first time that a given services tier is accessed from a given client system, the user that is currently logged into the operating system must have write permission to the registered-servers.xml file to allow the application to add the host name and port of the client system to the file. Once the information is added, any subsequent login by any user by any InfoSphere® Information Server application on the client system only requires read access to the file.
About this task
Be default, administrators have write permission to the registered-servers.xml file. Write permission for the Users group must also be added for the application to access the file.
To give the Users group write permission to the file, complete the following steps:
Windows Explorer, locate the
By default, this file is located in the following directory: C:\IBM\InformationServer\ASBNode\eclipse\plugins\com.ibm.iis.client
- Right-click the file and select Properties.
- In the Properties window, click the Security tab.
- Click Edit.
- In the Permissions window, click Add.
- In the Select window, click Locations.
- Select the name of your local computer and click OK.
- In the Select window, click Advanced.
- Click Find Now and select the Users group.
- Click OK twice.
- With the Users group selected, click Allow for the Write permission, and click OK.
- If you receive a message to confirm your changes, confirm by clicking Apply changes to this folder, subfolders and files.