Before you can run jobs and routines, you must recompile them.
If you will be exporting jobs with executables from another 11.7 computer into the target computer and you will not be compiling any jobs on your target computer, you should run the DSStageTypeUpdater.exe utility to populate stage type records into the runtime repository for each project. The utility can be found in the Clients\Classic subdirectory, along with the DSStageTypeUpdater_readme.txt file, which describes how to run the utility.
- From the DataStage Designer client, select and specify the criteria for selecting items to compile.
Choose one or more of the following:
- Custom server routines
- Custom parallel stages
- Click Next. If you chose Show manual selection page, the Job Selection Override window appears. Use the Add and Remove buttons to add all of the jobs that you want to recompile to the right pane.
- Click Next. If you are compiling parallel or mainframe jobs, specify Force compile for parallel jobs or specify an upload profile for mainframe jobs.
- Click Next. The name of each selected item and the compilation status displays.
- Click Start Compile to start the
compilation. The compilation output window displays the current status and details about each compiled job.
- Click Finish. If you selected Show compile report , the report that is generated by the compilation displays.