Capturing job log information
If you plan to remove the source installation and replace it with the target installation, save the job log information, which includes environment settings and other information that you later use to validate the results on the target system.
- On the source system, run a small number of jobs to capture
the job log information. Note: Run both server and parallel jobs, if you have both in your environment, because the environment variables might be different for the job types.
- For each job, complete these steps:
- From the InfoSphere® DataStage® and QualityStage® Director, open the job log view for one of the jobs.
- Choose , and then enter a file name that clearly identifies the job.
- Save the logs for future use.