Opening the IBM InfoSphere Information Server console
To set up security, manage projects, analyze data, enable information services, or run reports, use the IBM® InfoSphere® Information Server console. The console is a rich-client-based interface.
About this task
The IBM InfoSphere Information Server console is a rich-client-based interface for activities such as profiling data and developing service-oriented applications. In the console, you can complete tasks that are associated with IBM InfoSphere Information Analyzer and IBM InfoSphere Information Services Director.
Use the console for the following activities:
- Create and manage projects.
- Set project-level security.
- Analyze data with IBM InfoSphere Information Analyzer.
- Enable information services with IBM InfoSphere Information Services Director.
- Run reports.
- From the Microsoft Windows start menu, select .
- In the User Name field, type your user name.
- In the Password field, type your password.
- In the Server menu, type or select
a host name and port number.
The host name and port depend on whether WebSphere Application Server clustering is set up for your services tier configuration.
- Click Login.