Specifying enterprise search installation options
You install IBM Information Server Enterprise Search during the InfoSphere® Information Server version 11.7.0 suite installation. To skip installation of IBM Information Server Enterprise Search, in the Information Server Enterprise Search window of the suite installation wizard, select the 'skip installation' check box.
Before you begin
After completing this configuration, log in from the IBM® InfoSphere Information Server host computer to the IBM Information Server Enterprise Search computer by using the command ssh IBM Information Server Enterprise Search user@IBM Information Server Enterprise Search computer. When you are prompted to accept the host key for the first time, type yes to accept.
About this task
This task details the information necessary to complete the installation of IBM Information Server Enterprise Search during the suite installation of IBM Information Server. If you want to install IBM Information Server Enterprise Search after the suite is already installed, you must install it manually. See Manually installing IBM Information Server Enterprise Search for more information on manual installation.
IBM Information Server Enterprise Search is required if you want to use Information Governance Catalog New and machine learning capabilities of InfoSphere Information Analyzer. If you use InfoSphere Information Server but have no need for these features, then installation of IBM Information Server Enterprise Search is not necessary.
If IBM Information Server Enterprise Search is installed, the Launchpad link is https://ISES Host/ibm/iis/launchpad.
- Enter the necessary information in the following fields of the IBM Information Server
Enterprise Search installation window during the suite installation.
- ISES Host (Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server release 7.3 and above)
- The ISES host computer must be running RedHat version 7.3 or above with 8 CPUs and 32 GB of RAM. The Docker images run on this host computer. Kubernetes and Docker are installed by the installer on this node.
- ISES User
- A user with root privileges.
- ISES Docker Images
- You must download the Docker images from Passport Advantage (PPA) to the InfoSphere Information Server Enterprise Search computer. An example location is /tmp/ugdockerrepo_11.7.tar.
- Docker Volume
- An additional volume is necessary for Docker storage management. You must have a separate
unformatted disk or the ability to create a separate unformatted partition of 100 GB or more. The
following options outline various ways that you can prepare your system with an additional
volume.Note: You might want to get help from your system administrator if you are unfamiliar with creating additional volumes.
- Use a spare, unformatted device. For example, if the device location is /dev/sdx, then specify volume=/dev/sdx.
- Create a 100 GB partition on the disk that you plan to use for the installation. For example, if you have a partition 2 on an existing device at /dev/sdx where the first 200 GB is already allocated, then run the command parted -s /dev/sdx mkpart primary 200GB 300GB and specify volume=/dev/sdx2.
- Use an existing mounted partition. For example, if you can reuse /dev/sdx1
mounted as /diskx, complete the following steps:
- Unmount the partition.
- Unmount /diskx.
- Comment out the corresponding entry with/diskx in /etc/fstab. Otherwise the machine fails on reboot.
- Specify volume=/dev/sdx1.
- Private IP Address Range
- Specify an alternative IP range to use if the default range of 10.32.0.0/12 is already in use on your system. Do not use an IP range under 172.17.x.x/x.
- Services IP Address Range
- Specify an alternative IP range to use if the default range of 10.96.0.0/12 is already in use on your system. Do not use an IP range under 172.17.x.x/x.
- Note: Applies to IBM WebSphere® Application Server Network Deployment only.After the installation of both Information Server and Information Server Enterprise Search is completed, run the following command to set the allowed domain names property to the Information Server properties:
InformationServer installation location>/ASBServer/bin ./iisAdmin.sh -set -key com.ibm.iis.isf.security.AllowedRefererDomainNames -value DomainName or comma separated DomainNamesDomainName refers to the network domain name that the Information Server computer and the Information Server Enterprise Search computer belong to.
After you run the command, you must restart IBM WebSphere Application Server.
All kubeinstall logs are captured as part of the installation logs at /tmp/ibm_is_logs. You can also locate the same logs in the /tmp folder of the IBM Information Server Enterprise Search computer.
The Kubernetes dashboard is available on port 30453 at the URL based on the following form:
To authenticate to the Kubernetes dashboard, complete the following steps:
- Enable the Kubernetes service account localdashboard-serviceaccount with administrator access to the Kubernetes dashboard: kubectl create -f /home/mykubeadm1/dashboard-admin.yaml
- Find the token for the Kubernetes service account localdashboard-serviceaccount. You can use
this token to log in to the Kubernetes dashboard.
kubectl -n kube-system get secret |grep localdashboard-serviceaccount
kubectl -n kube-system describe secret "<token-id from Step 1>"