Running the installation step
After the installation program completes the prerequisites check and you specify installation options for each tier, you specify a response file and proceed with the installation process. The response file contains configuration information that tells the installation program how to perform an installation.
About this task
- In the installation wizard, specify a name and location for the response file in the Response file location field (at this point, you can choose to cancel the installation and use the saved response file in a later session).
- Choose to install the product and click Next to
begin the product installation. The program displays a summary of the choices that you made in the wizard. As the installation proceeds, the installation program reports the progress in the window.Be mindful of the following conditions while the installation program is running:
- Leave the command prompt open until the installation is complete, as shown in the following figure.
- If the system encounters an error, it might occasionally request a response from you. Check periodically to make sure that the system is not waiting for you to respond.
- Pop-up windows might be displayed, that you must respond to for the installation to proceed. Occasionally a pop-up window might be displayed behind the web browser. If the installation halts for a long interval, check for pop-up windows displayed behind the web browser. You can click on the navigation line on the left side to bring the exception window to the front.
- After you have started the installation process, keep the web browser open to monitor progress and to respond if there is an error. If you close the web browser, the installation continues to the end. You can reconnect to the session by opening a new web browser to the same URL. You can also monitor the installation process by reading the log files.
- Depending on your security settings, warning windows might display during the installation of the IBM® Db2® database system or other components. Ignore the warnings, and click OK to continue the installation.
Do not install InfoSphere® Information Server in a directory path that contains space characters.