WebSphere Application Server Network Deployment: Specifying the alternate database addresses and ports for Oracle RAC
For IBM® WebSphere® Application Server Network Deployment to communicate with the servers in an Oracle RAC, specify alternate database addresses and ports.
- Start the WebSphere Application Server administrative console.
- Log in as the WebSphere Application Server administrator (default: wasadmin), or as another user with administrative privileges.
- In the navigation pane, expand Resources,
expand JDBC, and click JDBC Providers.
The JDBC providers page opens.
- Complete the steps for the following JDBC provider:
- ASB XA JDBC Provider
- Ensure All scopes is selected for the Scope.
- Click the JDBC provider link.
The JDBC provider page opens.
- Under Additional Properties, click Data sources
- Complete the steps for the following data source:
- ASB JDBC Staging XA DataSource
- Click the data source.
- Under Additional Properties, click Custom Properties.
- Include only the following properties:
- serverName with the name of your primary server.
- portNumber with the port number, usually 1521.
- webSphereDefaultIsolationLevel with the value of 2.
- enable2Phase with the default value of true.
- serviceName with the value of your service name.
- alternateServers to contain the value of
the alternate servers. For example
- ConnectionRetryCount with the value of your choice, for example, 20.
- ConnectionRetryDelay with the value of your choice, for example, 100.
- Click Test Connection to test the connection.
- Log out of the console.
- Restart the application server. For clustered WebSphere Application Server, restart the cluster members, node agents, and the deployment manager.