Introduction to Informix CLI Stages
The Informix CLI stage is the Informix® implementation of the Microsoft Open Database Connectivity (ODBC) standard. It enables InfoSphere® DataStage® to read from Informix databases and write data to Informix databases.
It uses the Informix CLI native programming interface. The Informix CLI stage offers the following advantages over the ODBC stage:
- Increased processing speed
- Simplified configuration on UNIX platforms
- Support for Version 9 of the Informix server software
- Advanced support for target table DDL (Create and Drop Table)
- Native metadata import
The Informix CLI stage lets you connect and process SQL statements in the native Informix environment. Because the CLI programming API is a native Informix implementation of the ODBC standard, Windows users must still use an ODBC driver manager to access CLI and use the ODBC Data Source Administrator to configure data sources.
- Windows 2000
- Windows Server 2003
In summary, the Informix CLI stage lets you do the following for a target Informix database:
- Read and write data
- Create and drop tables
- Import table and column definitions
- Browse native data with the custom user interface
Each Informix CLI stage is a passive stage that can have any number of links.