New in this release
The IBM® InfoSphere® Information Server Pack for SAP BW has the following new capabilities.
- New Load stage providing SAP 7.x datasource support - original request described in technote 1648180
- Replacement of Classic RFC SDK by Netweaver RFC SDK
- Replacement of Install Shield by Atlas installer
- BW Extract stage GUI: Warns the user when selecting Currency fields (a conversion may be needed)
- Provision for validating the Open Hub Destination with respect to Process chain in the Job
- Implemented sanity check of the .ready file for Load (as we have for Extract)
- Validate button to validate and synchronize against BW structure instead of local transfer structure
- To read the process chain log always if a log ID is available (both Load and Extract)
- Fixed an issue where Process chains that are not active are displayed as usable process chains in BW Extract GUI
- Integrated existing technotes into the Knowledge Center documentation
- Updated help link from GUI to IS documentation in Knowledge Center
- Restored full legacy support for InfoSphere Information Server, Version 9.1 on Windows.
- The Pack now supports SAP NetWeaver 7.4.
- Support for IPv6
- The Pack supports InfoSphere Information Server, Version 11.3 and later.
- The Pack supports InfoSphere Information Server, Version 8.5, Version 8.7, and Version 9.1.
- The SAP BW load stage can now run in parallel mode.
- The Pack does not include SAP transports anymore.
- The Pack supports InfoSphere Information Server, Version 8.1.
- The Pack supports the same national languages as InfoSphere Information Server.
- The Pack supports Unicode data.
- The Pack installation program installs online documentation into the InfoSphere Information Server Information Center.