Setting environment variables for the parallel engine
You set environment variables to ensure smooth operation of the parallel engine. Environment variables are set on a per-project basis.
About this task
Set the environment variables using one of the following methods:
- Setting environment variables by using the Administrator client:
- Log in to the Administrator client.
- Click the Project tab, and select a project.
- Click Properties.
- On the General tab, click Environment.
- Set the values for the environment variables as necessary.
- Setting environment variables by using dsadmin tool:
Use the -envadd option to add the environment variables mentioned in the next section.
cd $DSHOME . ./dsenv dsadmin -envadd EnvVarName -type STRING -prompt "PromptText" [-value "Value"] ProjectName