Changing the user password for the exceptions database on Windows
To change the password for an exceptions database where the services tier is on a Windows computer, use the RepositoryAdmin command to update the connection and the RegistrationCommand tool to recreate a repository connection file on each engine tier computer.
- On the computer that hosts the services tier, switch to the \InformationServer\ASBServer\bin director.
- Run the RepositoryAdmin tool to obtain
the name of the exceptions database repository:
- Review the current registration of the exceptions database:
RepositoryAdmin.bat -displayRepository -reposName ESDB
- Update the user password for the exceptions database:
RepositoryAdmin.bat -updateRepositoryConnection -reposName ESDB -connectionName connectionName -connectionPassword newvalue
- connectionName is the name of the exceptions database repository connection
- newvalue is the new value for the password. Encrypt your password by running the encrypt command.
- On the computer that hosts the engine tier, generate a new repository connection file for the exceptions database. See Generating the repository connection file for the exceptions database.