Importing HBase metadata
Before you use the HBase connector to read or write data, you can use InfoSphere® Metadata Asset Manager to import metadata about files and folders in HBase data source.
Before you begin
- Ensure that you have the privileges to connect and import the metadata from the Hbase cluster.
About this task
By using the HBase connector, you can import metadata about the following types of assets:
- The name of the Hadoop Cluster that HBase runs on as provided when creating Data Connection.
- The HBase Database. Apart from name you select in Data Connection also version number and clusterid are imported.
- HBase namespaces. All imported namespaces are stored in the metadata repository as database schemas.
- HBase tables. All imported tables are stored in the metadata repository as database tables.