Granting access to IBM InfoSphere DataStage and QualityStage users
After you share the user registry or define credential mappings, you must give your users access to IBM® InfoSphere® DataStage® and IBM InfoSphere QualityStage®.
- Ensure that the operating system user has the proper file
access permissions to InfoSphere
and the relevant files.
When you create, compile, or import a job in InfoSphere DataStage, files are created using the operating system user on the engine that the InfoSphere Information Server user is mapped to. The InfoSphere DataStage engine processes are run with a umask set to 002; therefore, files are created with write permission to the primary group of the operating system user. If you later need to update, compile, or re-import the job with another user, it will fail if the operating system user that the user is mapped to is not in the same primary group as the last operating system user that updated the job. Therefore, all credential-mapped operating system users to be used to update or import jobs should belong to the same primary group.
- Grant the required suite and suite component roles to the
user in the Web console.
- Using a role that has administrative privileges, log in to the IBM InfoSphere Information Server Web console.
- Select the Administration tab.
- In the Navigation pane, select .
- Select the user that you want to grant access to and click Open User.
- In the Roles pane, assign the following
roles to the user.
- Suite User
- Required for all users in order to log in to any of the suite components.
- DataStage and QualityStage User
- Required for any user in order log in to any of the InfoSphere DataStage and InfoSphere QualityStage product modules.
- DataStage and QualityStage Administrator
- Optional. Grants full access to all projects and the administrative capability of InfoSphere DataStage and InfoSphere QualityStage.
- If you did not grant the DataStage and QualityStage Administrator authority, you must use the IBM InfoSphere DataStage and QualityStage Administrator client to grant project level roles to the user. If the user has only the DataStage and QualityStage user role and no specific project roles, that user cannot log in to the InfoSphere DataStage clients.