Setting up application servers to run investigation, SQA, or Match Statistics reports
The investigation, Standardization Quality Assessment (SQA), and Match Statistics reports can read data from a sequential file or a database table. You must set up the application server to find the applicable data source.
- If the stage writes the report data to a sequential file,
perform the action that corresponds to the topology of your installation.
Topology Action IBM® InfoSphere® Information Server engine and the services tier are on the same computer.
No additional steps are necessary.
InfoSphere Information Server engine and the services tier are on different computers.The sequential file exists only on the engine. Because the reports run on the application server, perform one of the following steps:
- Create a network shared directory that both the engine and application server can access.
- Copy the sequential file from the engine tier computer to the local file system of the services tier. Ensure that the file paths are identical on both the engine tier computer and the services tier computer.
If the stage writes the report data to a database table, you must make the ODBC data source
accessible to the application on the application server. To make the data source accessible:
- Set up the JDBC data source on the application server.
- Verify that the JNDI name is the same as the ODBC DSN on the engine.