You can export extended data source and extension mapping documents to a file that is in an ISX format by using the istool export command.
With this command, you can export all properties of extended data sources and extension mapping documents except images and collections. Relationships to other assets are maintained. You can specify the number of assets to group together into a single XMI file. The final ISX export file is comprised of all XMI files that were generated by this command.
Use this command to export extended data sources and extension mapping documents from IBM® InfoSphere® Metadata Workbench, Version 8.7.x or 9.1.x, to IBM InfoSphere Information Governance Catalog, Version 11.3.1 and later. You can also use this command to export these asset types from other instances of InfoSphere Information Governance Catalog, or when you want to schedule an export.
To run this command on a server with InfoSphere Information Governance Catalog, you must have the Information Governance Catalog Information Assets Administrator role.
To export data from earlier versions of InfoSphere Metadata Workbench, you must have the Metadata Workbench Administrator role on the server where they are installed.
IBM InfoSphere Information Governance Catalog must be installed on the same server as IBM WebSphere® Application Server.
The version of istool command framework must be the same version as InfoSphere Information Governance Catalog.
Run the command from the engine or the client tier where InfoSphere Metadata Workbench or InfoSphere Information Governance Catalog is installed.
The preferred way to run this command is in the istool command-line window. If you run this command in your operating system command-line window or in scripts, you must add istool to the command name.
export authentication_parameters [generic_parameters] -archive path_name_for export_file [-maxArchiveSize number_of_megabytes] [-update ] -informationgovernancecatalog 'type_to_export [-batch export_assets_together]'
- authentication parameters
- Required. All asset interchange commands use authentication parameters to connect to a specific installation of InfoSphere Information Server.
- generic parameters
- The generic parameters are available to all asset interchange commands. Use the generic parameters to request help on command syntax, to specify silent or verbose operation, and to use a script to run commands.
- -archive | -ar path_name_for export_file.isx
Specifies the file path and file name of the exported file. You must have read and write access to path_name_for export_file.isx.
- -maxArchiveSize | -mas number_of_megabytes
- For enhanced export and import performance, creates additional archive files when the size of the export file exceeds the specified number of megabytes. For example, if you specify 500 and the total size of the export is 1,300 MB, two additional archive files are created.
- Each additional archive file is named with the name that you specify as a value for the -archive parameter, followed by an underscore and a sequential number. For example if you specify the file name myArchive.isx and two additional archives are created, the additional archives are named myArchive_1.isx and myArchive_2.isx.
- When you import the exported archive files, if you specify the first archive file in the import command, for example myArchive.isx, all additional files are automatically imported. However, if you specify a subsequent file, for example, myArchive_1.isx, only that file is imported.
- -update | -up
- Updates the existing ISX file that is used in the -archive command parameter.
- -informationgovernancecatalog | -igc 'type_to_export -batch export_assets_together'
- Exports specified asset types and can collect a specified number of assets into an XMI file.
- The parameter value type_to_export indicates the type of asset to export. Separate a list of values by using a comma (,).
Export this type of asset Value of type_to_export All extended data sources /*.eds All extension mapping documents /*/*.emd All extended data sources and all extension mapping documents /*.eds, /*/*.emd Only applications of type extended data source assets /*.apl Only stored procedure definitions of type extended data source assets /*.spd Only files of type extended data source assets /*.exf
- The parameter batch groups export_assets_together number of assets into an XMI file. If you do not specify a value for this parameter, 50 assets are in each XMI file. Use this parameter to improve performance of the istool import command.
A file in the ISX format is created and contains the extended data source or the extension mapping document assets.
export -dom localhost -u USER -p PASSWORD -igc '/*.apl' -ar c:\archive\allEDSandEMD.isx -maxArchiveSize 100
export –dom localhost –u USER –p PASSWORD –igc ‘/*.apl -batch 20’ –ar c:\archive\allEDS.isx
export –dom localhost –u USER –p PASSWORD –igc ‘/*.apl’ -up –ar c:\archive\allApps.isx
export –dom localhost –u USER –p PASSWORD –igc ‘/*/*.emd’ –ar c:\archive\allEMD.isx
myMapin the directory myFolder and its subdirectories to an archive file named myEMD.isx.
export –dom localhost –u USER –p PASSWORD –igc ‘/*/myFolder/myMap*.emd’ –ar c:\archive\myEMD.isx