IBM WebSphere Application Server system log files
The WebSphere® Application Server log files contain information that allows you to monitor WebSphere Application Server startup and diagnose errors.
The log files that are most useful for diagnosing IBM® InfoSphere® Information Server-related issues are:
- WebSphere Application Server messages to STDOUT are redirected to this file.
- WebSphere Application Server messages to STDERR are redirected to this file.
These files are located in the following directories on each node in your WebSphere Application Server installation:
- path is the WebSphere Application Server installation
path. By default, path is one of the following paths:
- profile is the profile name where IBM InfoSphere Information Server is
installed. For a stand-alone installation, the default value is
InfoSphere. For a clustered installation, the default value for a custom profile is
- server1 is the name of the application server.
For a stand-alone installation, the default value is
server1. For cluster installations, there might be multiple application server directories under the custom profile. The typical value is
serverx, where x is the number of the application server instance. For a Deployment Manager profile, the default value is
dmgr. For a node agent under the custom profile, the default value is
For more information about WebSphere Application Server log files, see the WebSphere Application Server documentation:
- IBM WebSphere Application Server Network Deployment 8.5: http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/wasinfo/v8r5/topic/com.ibm.websphere.nd.doc/ae/ttrb_mglogs.html