The streaming queues feature of IBM® MQ allows you to configure a queue to put a near-identical copy of every message to a second queue.
- Streaming messages to Apache Kafka using the Kafka Connect source connector for IBM MQ. For more information, see kafka_connect_mq_source.
- Performing analysis on the data going through the system.
- Storing messages for recovery at a later time.
- Capturing a set of messages to use in development and test systems.
- Consuming IBM MQ event messages from the system event queues, and sending additional copies to other queues or topics.
In all of these scenarios, you can configure streaming queues to ensure that the original messages remain unaffected by the streaming process. This ensures that core business applications do not observe any impact from the streaming.