Installing Advanced Message Security on Linux
You can install Advanced Message Security on Linux® platforms.
- Log on as root.
- Set your current directory to the location of the installation file. The location might be the mount point of the server DVD, a network share, or a local file system directory.
If this installation is not the first installation on the system, you must run the
crtmqpkg command to create a unique set of packages to install on the
In order for the crtmqpkg command to run on Linux, the pax and rpmbuild commands must be installed.Important: pax and rpmbuild are not supplied as part of the product. You must obtain these from your Linux distribution supplier.
Enter the following command:
where suffix is a name of your choosing, that uniquely identifies the installation packages on the system. suffix is not the same as an installation name, although the names can be identical. suffix is limited to 16 characters in the ranges A-Z, a-z, and 0-9.
./crtmqpkg suffixNote: This command creates a full copy of the installation packages in a subdirectory of /var/tmp. You must ensure that the system has enough space before running the command.
Set your current directory to the location specified when the crtmqpkg
This directory is a subdirectory of /var/tmp/mq_rpms, in which the unique set of packages is created. The packages have the suffix value contained within the filename. For example, using a suffix of "1":
there is a subdirectory named /var/tmp/mq_rpms/1/i386 and the packages are renamed, for example:
From: MQSeriesAMS-V.R.M-F.i386.rpm To: MQSeriesAMS_1-V.R.M-F.i386.rpm
- Represents the version of the product that you are installing
- Represents the release of the product that you are installing
- Represents the modification of the product that you are installing
- Represents the fix pack level of the product that you are installing
- Enter the following command:
In the command line, issue the following command:
This example shows a minimum installation:
rpm -iv package_name
package_nameis one of the following:
Advanced Message Security has been installed successfully.