DISPLAY AUTHREC (display authority records) on Multiplatforms
Use the MQSC command DISPLAY AUTHREC to display the authority records associated with a profile name.
Using MQSC commands
For information on how you use MQSC commands, see Performing local administration tasks using MQSC commands.
- The name of the object or generic profile for which to display the authority records. If you omit this parameter, all authority records that satisfy the values of the other parameters are displayed.
- The type of object referred to by the profile. Specify one of the following values:
- Authentication information record
- Client connection channel
- Communication information object
- Queue manager
- Remote queue manager
- A principal name. This is the name of a user for whom to retrieve authorizations to the
specified object. On IBM® MQ for Windows, the name of the
principal can optionally include a domain name, specified in this format:
This parameter cannot be specified with GROUP.
- A group name. This is the name of the user group on which to make the inquiry. You can specify
one name only and it must be the name of an existing user group. For IBM MQ for Windows only, the group name can optionally include a domain name, specified in the following formats:
This parameter cannot be specified with PRINCIPAL.
- Specify this parameter to control the set of authority records that is displayed. Specify one of
the following values:
- Return only those authority records which match the specified profile, principal, and group
names. This means that a profile of ABCD results in the profiles ABCD, ABC*, and AB* being returned
(if ABC* and AB* have been defined as profiles). If the profile name is a generic profile, only
authority records which exactly match the specified profile name are returned. If a principal is
specified, no profiles are returned for any group in which the principal is a member; only the
profiles defined for the specified principal or group.
This is the default value.
- Return only those authority records which match the specified profile, and the entity field of
which matches the specified principal and the profiles pertaining to any groups in which the
principal is a member that contribute to the cumulative authority for the specified entity.
If this option is specified, the PROFILE and OBJTYPE parameters must also be specified. In addition, either the PRINCIPAL or GROUP parameter must also be supplied. If OBJTYPE(QMGR) is specified, the profile name is optional.
- Return only those authority records which exactly match the specified profile name and EntityName. No matching generic profiles are returned unless the profile name is, itself, a generic profile. If a principal is specified, no profiles are returned for any group in which the principal is a member; only the profile defined for the specified principal or group.
- The name of the authorization service for which information is to be displayed.
If you specify this parameter, it specifies the name of the authorization service to which the authorizations apply. If you omit this parameter, the inquiry is made to the registered authorization services in turn in accordance with the rules for chaining authorization services.
- Specify this parameter to display all of the authorization information available for the entity and the specified profile.
You can request the following information about the authorizations:
- Specify this parameter to display the list of authorizations.
- Specify this parameter to display the entity name.
- Specify this parameter to display the entity type.