Redistributable IBM MQ clients
The IBM® MQ redistributable client is a collection of runtime files that are provided in a .zip or .tar file that can be redistributed to third parties under redistributable license terms, which provides a simple way of distributing applications and the runtime files that they require in a single package.
For information about redistributable license terms for the redistributable IBM MQ clients, see IBM MQ Redistributable Components.
What are the IBM MQ redistributable clients?
- A redistributable client implies distributing the required run time with an application both inside and outside of your environment.
- A relocatable client implies putting the files somewhere else other than a fixed default location. For example, instead of installing into /opt/ installing into /usr/local.
- A non-installed client implies that you are not required to lay down client files, and that these files can be copied as required.
- Native IBM MQ applications using the MQI written in C, C++, and COBOL.
- IBM MQ applications using the IBM MQ classes for Java and IBM MQ classes for JMS.
- IBM MQ using fully managed and unmanaged .NET classes.
From IBM MQ 9.1.0, XMS .NET is shipped as part of the redistributable client. XMS .NET requires the IBM MQ .NET client (amqmdnet.dll). If unmanaged mode is to be used, then the IBM MQ C client libraries are also needed along with amqmdnet.dll.
From IBM MQ 9.1.0, Managed File Transfer Agent is optionally provided as an individual redistributable component, available to be downloaded as a tar package on Linux, or as zip package on Windows. This option enables developers to download, configure and test a Managed File Transfer Agent, to ensure it connects to an existing Managed File Transfer configuration and then make the configured agent bundle available to many users within their organization. Users who are unfamiliar with how Managed File Transfer works, can easily set up the pre-configured agent on their local environment and quickly connect to the relevant IBM MQ network. The users do not have to install IBM MQ to be able to transfer files. For more information, see Configuring the Redistributable Managed File Transfer Agent.
Downloading the redistributable client packages
The file names describe the file contents and equivalent maintenance levels.
- Long Term Support: 9.1.0 IBM MQ C redistributable client for Linux x86-64
- Long Term Support: 9.1.0 IBM MQ C and .NET redistributable client for Windows x64
- Long Term Support: 9.1.0 IBM MQ JMS and Java redistributable client
- Long Term Support: 9.1.0 Redistributable IBM MQ Managed File Transfer Agent for Linux X86-64
- Long Term Support: 9.1.0 Redistributable IBM MQ Managed File Transfer Agent for Linux on z Systems
- Long Term Support: 9.1.0 Redistributable IBM MQ Managed File Transfer Agent for Linux PPC (Little Endian)
- Long Term Support: 9.1.0 Redistributable IBM MQ Managed File Transfer Agent for Windows x64
The IBM IPLA license agreement is extended for IBM MQ to enable you to download a number of additional runtime files from Fix Central.