Accounting and statistics messages
Queue managers generate accounting and statistics messages to record information about the MQI operations performed by IBM® MQ applications, or to record information about the activities occurring in an IBM MQ system.
- Accounting messages
- Accounting messages are used to record information about the MQI operations performed by IBM MQ applications, see Accounting messages.
- Statistics messages
- Statistics messages are used to record information about the activities occurring in an IBM MQ system, see Statistics messages. Some activity recorded in statistics messages relates to internal queue manager operations.
Accounting messages and statistics messages as described here are not available on IBM MQ for z/OS®, but equivalent functionality is available through the System Management Facility (SMF).
Accounting and statistics messages are delivered to one of two system queues. User applications can retrieve the messages from these system queues and use the recorded information for various purposes:
- Account for application resource use.
- Record application activity.
- Capacity planning.
- Detect problems in your queue manager network.
- Assist in determining the causes of problems in your queue manager network.
- Improve the efficiency of your queue manager network.
- Familiarize yourself with the running of your queue manager network.
- Confirm that your queue manager network is running correctly.