IBM MQ messaging provider modes of operation
You can select which IBM® MQ messaging provider mode of operation a JMS application uses to publish and subscribe by setting the PROVIDERVERSION property for the connection factory to the appropriate value. In some cases, the PROVIDERVERSION property is set as unspecified, in which case the JMS client uses an algorithm to determine which mode of operation to use.
PROVIDERVERSION property values
- 8 - normal mode
- The JMS application uses normal mode. This mode uses all the features of an IBM MQ queue manager to implement JMS.
- 7 - normal mode with restrictions
- The JMS application uses normal mode with restrictions. This mode uses the JMS 2.0 API, but not the new features such as shared subscriptions, delayed delivery, or asynchronous send.
- 6 - migration mode
- The JMS application uses migration mode. In migration mode, the IBM MQ classes for JMS use the features and algorithms similar to those that are supplied with IBM WebSphere® MQ 6.0.
- unspecified (the default value)
- The JMS client uses an algorithm to determine which mode of operation is used.
Types of connection factory object