QMErrorLog stanza on UNIX, Linux®, and Windows
The QMErrorLog service is the traditional IBM® MQ diagnostics logging service used to output diagnostics messages pertaining to the queue manager. The QMErrorLog service runs continuously and cannot be turned off, but can be customized to some extent.
This stanza is not applicable to the IBM MQ system or client ini file configurations.
Use the extended queue manager properties page from the IBM MQ Explorer, or the QMErrorLog stanza in the qm.ini file to tailor the operation and contents of IBM MQ error logs.
- ErrorLogSize= maxsize
- Specifies the size of the queue manager error log which it is copied to the backup.
maxsize must be in the range 32768 through 2147483648 bytes. If
ErrorLogSize is not specified, the default value of 33554432 bytes (32 MB) is
used.You can use this attribute to reduce the maximum size back to the previous maximum of 2 MB, if required.Important: From IBM MQ 9.0.4, the default size of the ErrorLogSize attribute has increased. This is a change from IBM MQ 9.0.3.
You can set the size of the log, using the MQMAXERRORLOGSIZE attribute in the mq.ini file.
- ExcludeMessage= msgIds
- Specifies messages that are not to be written to the queue manager error log.
- See ExcludeMessage in Diagnostic message service stanzas for more information.
- SuppressMessage= msgIds
- Specifies messages that are written to the queue manager error log once only in a specified time
interval. If the same message ID is specified in both SuppressMessage and
ExcludeMessage, the message is excluded.
This option is not applicable to diagnostic message services defined in MQ client.ini.
- See SuppressMessage in Diagnostic message service stanzas for more information.
- SuppressInterval= length
- Specifies the time interval, in seconds, in which messages specified in SuppressMessage are written to the queue manager error log once only. length must be in the range 1 through 86400 seconds. If SuppressInterval is not specified, the default value of 30 seconds is used.