2030 (07EE) (RC2030): MQRC_MSG_TOO_BIG_FOR_Q
MsgFlagsfield in MQMD. If segmentation is not allowed, the length of the message cannot exceed the lesser of the queue MaxMsgLength attribute and queue manager MaxMsgLength attribute.
- On z/OS®, the queue manager does not support the segmentation of messages; if MQMF_SEGMENTATION_ALLOWED is specified, it is accepted but ignored.
- For a user-defined format, the smallest segment that the queue manager can create is 16 bytes.
- For a built-in format, the smallest segment that the queue manager can create depends on the particular format, but is greater than 16 bytes in all cases other than MQFMT_STRING (for MQFMT_STRING the minimum segment size is 16 bytes).
MQRC_MSG_TOO_BIG_FOR_Q can also occur in the
Feedback field in the message
descriptor of a report message; in this case it indicates that the error was encountered by a
message channel agent when it attempted to put the message on a remote queue.
- Increase the value of the queue's MaxMsgLength attribute; the queue manager's MaxMsgLength attribute may also need increasing.
- Break the message into several smaller messages.
- Specify MQMF_SEGMENTATION_ALLOWED in the
MsgFlagsfield in MQMD; this will allow the queue manager to break the message into segments.