Could not connect to IBM HTTP Server administration server error
This topic contains troubleshooting information if you receive an error when attempting to connect to the administration server.
If you get the following error:
when you are managing an IBM® HTTP Server using the WebSphere® administrative console, try one of the following:
"Could not connect to IHS Administration server error"
- Verify that the IBM HTTP Server administration server is running.
- Verify that the Web server hostname and port that is defined in the WebSphere administrative console matches the IBM HTTP Server administration host name and port.
- Verify that the firewall is not preventing you from accessing the IBM HTTP Server administration server from the WebSphere administrative console.
- Verify that the user ID and password that is specified in the WebSphere administrative console, under remote managed, is created in the admin.passwd file, using the htpasswd command.
- If trying to connect securely, verify that you export the IBM HTTP Server administration server keydb personal certificate into the WebSphere key database as a signer certificate. This key database will be specified by the com.ibm.ssl.trustStore in the sas.client.props file in the profile your console is running in. This is mainly for self-signed certificates.
- If you still have problems, check the IBM HTTP Server admin_error.log file and the WebSphere Application Server logs (trace.log) to see if problem can be determined.