Assigning a certificate to applications
Digital Certificate Manager (DCM) allows you to assign a certificate quickly and easily to multiple applications. You can assign a certificate to multiple applications in the *SYSTEM or *OBJECTSIGNING certificate stores only.
To make a certificate assignment for one or more applications, follow these steps:
- Start DCM. Refer to Starting DCM.
- In the navigation frame, select Open Certificate
Store and select either *OBJECTSIGNING or
*SYSTEM as the certificate store to open. Note: If you have questions about how to complete a specific form while using DCM, select the question mark (?) at the top of the page to access the online help.
- Enter the password for the certificate store and click Open.
- Search for the certificate to assign, expand the actions of the
certificate tile by clicking
+, and select Assign.
- Select one or more applications from the list. If no certificates are currently assigned, click Replace to assign this certificate. If you want to replace the current certificate assignment with this certificate, click Replace. If you want to add this certificate to the list of certificates that are already assigned, click Add. A page displays with either a confirmation message for your assignment selection or an error message if a problem occurred.
The following figure demonstrates assigning a certificate to all application definitions:
The figure demonstrates assigning a certificate to all application definitions