What's new for IBM i 7.4
Read about new or changed information for the High Availability (HA) technologies topic collection.
Copy Services Manager (CSM) functionality enhancements
Support for CSM for DS8000 Metro Mirror and Global Mirror and HyperSwap with Global Mirror sessions.Currently, there is no support for CSM from within the PowerHA GUI.
HyperSwap functionality enhancements
- Integrated recovery improvements made to HyperSwap with LUN level switching components.
- HyperSwap functionality with Global Mirror for site resiliency now available via the CSM storage controller support.
High Availability (HA) cluster policies
Introducing HA policies to help PowerHA users modify the cluster behavior in their high availability environment. Policies can be classified by the section of the cluster environment they manage, for example, the Cluster Resource Group (CRG), or communications. Currently, there is no support for HA policies from within the PowerHA GUI.
Automated management of the Cluster Administrative Domain (CAD)
- automate the addition of Modified Resource Entries (MREs) across nodes in the administrative domain.
- automate deletion of MRE entries across the nodes in the administrative domain.
- restore MREs in the administrative domain, if required.
Additional cluster management features
- The CRG HA policy, QCST_CRG_CANCEL_FAILOVER integrates control over the ability to cancel automatic CRG failovers.
- The communication policy, QHA_COMM_STRICT_CERT_CHECK allows users to change the default security settings between the cluster nodes and storage devices.
How to see what's new or changed
- The image to mark where new or changed information begins.
- The image to mark where new or changed information ends.
In PDF files, you might see revision bars (|) in the left margin of new and changed information.
To find other information about what's new or changed in this release, see the Memo to users.