The SET_JVM procedure can be used to manage specific JVM jobs.
This actions provided by this Db2® for i procedure can also be accomplished interactively using the Work with JVM Jobs (WRKJVMJOB) command.
Authorization: None required.
The schema is QSYS2.
- A character or graphic string expression that identifies the qualified job name of the job to change.
- A character or graphic string expression that specifies that action
to perform. Supported actions are:
- Enable verbose garbage collection detail.
- Disable verbose garbage collection detail.
- Generates information about the JVM's heap. Generates a dump of all the heap space allocations which have not yet been freed.
- Generates system detail for the JVM. Generates a binary format raw memory image of the job that was running when the dump was initiated.
- Generates Java™ detail for the JVM. Generates multiple files that contain diagnostic information for the JVM and the Java applications running within the JVM.
- Change a specific web admin JVM to provide verbose garbage collection
CALL QSYS2.SET_JVM('121376/QWEBADMIN/ADMIN4','GC_ENABLE_VERBOSE') ;