The CREATE_MIRROR_TAKEOVER_GROUP procedure defines a takeover IP address group that will contain takeover IP addresses. Up to 16 IP address groups can be defined.
A takeover IP address group has a preferred node and a current node. When a takeover group is first created, the current node is set to be the same as the preferred node. The current node can be changed by using the QSYS2.SWAP_MIRROR_TAKEOVER_GROUP procedure. The preferred node can be changed using the QSYS2.CHANGE_MIRROR_TAKEOVER_GROUP procedure. See Managing takeover IP address groups for details.
As addresses are added to the group, the associated TCP/IP interfaces are started on the current node for the group.
Authorization: For the authority needed to use this procedure, see Authorization.
The schema is QSYS2.
- A character or graphic string that contains the name for a new takeover IP address group. It must be a valid ten character system name. The name must not be the same as an existing group-name or an existing *CRG object. It cannot start with QCST.
- A character or graphic string that indicates the name of the initial node that will be used for starting the IP interfaces for the IP addresses in this takeover IP address group. This must be the partition name of one of the Db2® Mirror nodes.
- A character or graphic string that contains the device description name of the independent
auxiliary storage pool (IASP) where group-name is to be created. For an IASP group, specify
the device description name of the primary IASP. Can contain the following special value:
- group-name is to be created in SYSBAS. SYSBAS includes the system ASP (ASP 1) and the basic user ASPs (ASPs 2-32).
- If this parameter is omitted, *SYSBAS is used.
- A character or graphic string that contains descriptive text associated with this takeover IP address group. It can be up to 50 characters long.
- A character or graphic string that indicates whether this takeover IP address group should be
automatically switched back to its preferred node when the node returns to ACTIVE state.
- Manual intervention is needed to return this takeover IP address group to its preferred node. This is the default.
- The system will automatically return this takeover IP address group to its preferred node.
- Create a takeover IP address group associated with
CALL QSYS2.CREATE_MIRROR_TAKEOVER_GROUP(GROUP_NAME => 'GROUP1', PREFERRED_NODE => 'NODE1', TEXT_DESCRIPTION => 'First IP takeover group');