Selecting a new subsystem for Simple Mail Transfer Protocol server jobs
Use this procedure to select a new subsystem for Simple Mail Transfer Protocol (SMTP) server jobs.
- You can specify a separate subsystem for the SMTP server. This should increase performance, because the need to share resources is eliminated.
- To specify a separate subsystem, complete the following
- In IBM® Navigator for i, expand .
- Right-click SMTP and select Properties.
- Click the Additional Parameters tab.
- Select the Subsystem description radio button.
- Enter the new subsystem's name and the library where the subsystem description and job queue will be created.
The program will check for existence of the specified subsystem. If it does not exist, the program will create it along with routing table entries, auto-start job entries, pre-start job entries and job descriptions. Even if the subsystem does not already exist, the library for the subsystem description and job queue must already exist. When the startup job for the server is processed, it will specify the parameters for the newly created subsystem and then submit the server jobs for batch startup in that subsystem.