Deconfiguring geographic mirroring
If you no longer want the capability to use geographic mirroring for a specific disk pool or disk pool group, you can select to Deconfigure Geographic Mirroring. If you deconfigure geographic mirroring, the system stops geographic mirroring and deletes the mirror copy of the disk pools on the nodes in the mirror copy site.
The disk pool must be offline to deconfigure geographic mirroring and the cluster resource group (CRG) must have a status of
Deconfigure geographic mirroring when IBM® PowerHA® SystemMirror® for i licensed program is installed
- In a web browser, enter http://mysystem:2001, where mysystem is the host name of the system.
- Log on to the system with your user profile and password.
- Click PowerHA in the IBM Navigator for i window.
- On the PowerHA page, click Independent ASPs.
- On the Independent ASPs page, select Details… from the context menu of the independent disk pool for which you want to deconfigure geographic mirroring.
- On the Independent ASP Details page, select Deconfigure Geographic Mirroring… from the Select Action menu below the mirroring status.
- Click OK on the confirmation panel.
Deconfiguring geographic mirroring with command line interface when IBM PowerHA SystemMirror for i licensed program is installed
- CHGASPSSN SESSION(
session-name) OPTION(*DELETE) where
session-nameis the name of the independent ASP to deconfigure geographic mirroring on.
Deconfigure geographic mirroring when IBM PowerHA SystemMirror for i licensed program is not installed
- In IBM Navigator for i, expand My Connections (or your active environment).
- Expand the system that you want to examine, .
- Right-click the production copy of the Disk Pool you want to deconfigure and select .
- Update your cluster configuration, as follows:
- Remove the nodes that are associated with the mirror copy from the device cluster resource group (CRG) recovery domain.
- Remove the site name and data port IP addresses from the remaining nodes in the cluster.