Ending Metro Mirror
You can end the Metro Mirror session to no longer use the session for high availability and disaster recovery.
Ending the Metro Mirror session does not deconfigure metro mirroring on the IBM® System Storage®, it just removes our connection to the IBM System Storage.
Ending metro mirroring with PowerHA® graphical interface
- In a web browser, enter
mysystemis the host name of the system.
- Log on to the system with your user profile and password.
- Click PowerHA in the IBM Navigator for iwindow.
- On the PowerHA page, click Independent ASPs.
- On the Independent ASPs page, select Details… from the context menu of the independent disk pool for which you want to delete the Metro Mirror session.
- On the Independent ASP Details page, select Deconfigure Mirroring… from the Select Action menu below the mirroring status.
- Click OK on the confirmation panel.
Ending metro mirroring with command-line interface
- ENDASPSSN SESSION(
session-nameis the name of your DS8000 Metro Mirror session.
- ENDSVCSSN SESSION(
session-nameis the name of your SAN Volume Controller (SVC) Metro Mirror session.
Deleting metro mirroring configuration
Ending the Metro Mirror session does not deconfigure metro mirroring on the IBM System Storage, it just removes the connection to the IBM System Storage.
To deconfigure Metro Mirror on the IBM i, you should deconfigure the IBMSystem Storage external storage units. For information about Metro Mirror on IBMSystem StorageDS8000®, see Copy Services in the IBM System Storage DS8000 Information Center.