Managing EIM configuration properties
You can manage several different EIM configuration properties for your server. Typically, this is not something you need to do often.
However, there are some situations that require you to make changes to the configuration properties. For example, if your system goes down and you need to re-create your EIM configuration properties you can either rerun the EIM Configuration wizard or change the properties here. Another example is if you chose not to create the registry definitions for the local registries when you ran the EIM Configuration wizard, you can update the registry definition information here.
- The EIM domain in which the server is participating.
- The connection information for the EIM domain controller.
- The user identity that the system uses to perform EIM operations on behalf of operating system functions.
- The registry definition names that refer to the actual user registries
that the system can use when performing EIM operations on behalf of
operation system functions. These registry definition names refer
to the local user registries that you can create when you run the
EIM Configuration wizard.Note: If you chose not to create the local registry definition names when you ran the EIM Configuration wizard either because the registries were already defined to the EIM domain or because you chose to define them to the domain later, you need to update the system configuration properties with these registry definition names here. The system needs this registry definition information to perform EIM operations on behalf of operating system functions.
To change EIM configuration properties, you must have these special authorities:
- Security administrator (*SECADM).
- All object (*ALLOBJ).
To change EIM configuration properties for your IBM® i platform, complete these steps:
- From IBM Navigator for i, expand .
- Click Configuration.
- Select the Domain Controller in which you want to work, right-click and select Properties.
- Make your changes to the EIM configuration information.
- Click Verify Configuration to ensure that all specified information allows the system to successfully establish a connection to the EIM domain controller.
- Click OK to save your changes.