Enabling and accessing disk units
You must follow these procedures before you can perform any disk management tasks using IBM® Navigator for i.
Before you can perform any disk management tasks using IBM Navigator for i you need to set up the proper authorizations for dedicated service tools (DST).
- The user profile that is used to access disk units in IBM Navigator
for i must have at
least these authorities:
- *ALLOBJ – All object authority
- From the IBM i command line, type STRSST and press enter to start System service tools.
- Sign on to SST with your service tools user ID and password, or use the QSECOFR service tools user ID and password.
- Select option 8 (Work with service tools server security and devices).
- Select option 4 to change the service tools password level to PWLVL 2.
- Select option 1 (Work with service tools user IDs) to work with service tools user IDs.
- Create a service tools user ID or change the password of an existing user profile to apply the new password level.
- Give this service tools user ID at least these authorities:
- Disk units – operation
- Disk units – administration
- Press Enter to enable these changes.