Saving security information
Security information is stored differently on the save media than it is on your system. When you save user profiles, the private authority information stored with the user profile is formatted into an authority table.
An authority table is built and saved for each user profile that has private authorities. This reformatting and saving of security information can be lengthy if you have many private authorities on your system.
This is how security information is stored on the save media:
Authority information saved with object:
- Public authority
- Owner name
- Owner’s authority to object
- Primary group name
- Primary group’s authority to object
- Authorization list name
- Field level authorities
- Object auditing value
- Whether any private authority exists
- Whether any private authority is less than public
- Private authorities for the object, if PVTAUT(*YES) is specified on the SAVxxx command
Authority information saved with authorization list:
- Normal authority information stored with any object, such as the public authority, owner, and primary group.
Authority information saved with user profile:
- The user profile attributes shown on the Create User Profile display.
- Other application information associated with the user
profile. For example:
- Server authentication entries
- User Application Information entries that are added using the Update User Application Information (QsyUpdateUserApplicationInfo) API
Authority table saved associated with user profile:
- One record for each private authority of the user profile, including usage settings for registered functions.
Function registration information saved with QUSEXRGOBJ object:
- The function registration information can be saved by saving the QUSEXRGOBJ *EXITRG object in QUSRSYS.