Adding a node to the cluster administrative domain
You can add additional nodes to a cluster administrative domain within a high-availability solution.
Before adding a node to a cluster administrative domain, ensure that node is also part of the cluster in which the cluster administrative domain resides. If it is not, you cannot add the node to the cluster administrative domain. The cluster administrative domain does not have to be active, but the resources will just not be made consistent until it is active.
When you add a node to the administrative domain, the MREs from the domain are copied to the node being added. If the monitored resource does not exist on the new node, it is created by the cluster administrative domain. If the monitored resource already exists on the node being added, it is synchronized with the rest of the cluster administrative domain if the domain is active. That is, the values of the attributes for each monitored resource on the node that is joining are changed to match the global values for the monitored resources in the active domain.
To add a node to a cluster administrative domain using the PowerHA® graphical interface, follow these steps:
- Log on to the system with your user profile and password.
- Click PowerHA from the IBM® Navigator for i window.
- On the PowerHA page, click on Cluster Administrative Domains.
- On the Administrative Domains page, select Domain Nodes ... from the context menu of the cluster administrative domain to which you want to add a node.
- On the Domain Nodes page, select Add Domain Node ... from the Select Action menu.
- Select the node you want to add and click OK.