Removing an ASP copy description
Remove an ASP copy description with the Remove ASP Copy Description (RMVASPCPYD) command
The Remove Auxiliary Storage Pool (ASP) Copy Description (RMVASPCPYD) command removes an ASP copy description.
The Remove ASP Copy description screen can be accessed by using:
- the Work with Cluster (WRKCLU) command menu. Select option 10, Work with ASP copy descriptions and use option 4, Remove copy to remove the selected copy description.
- entering the WRKASPCPYD command that opens the Work with ASP Copy Descriptions screen. Locate the copy description and use option 4, Remove copy to remove the selected copy description.
- typing the RMVASPCPYD command and pressing F4.
- On the WRKASPCPYD screen, select option 4 Remove copy. In the ASP Device field, type the name of the device description associated with the ASP copy description, and supply the copy description name in the ASP Copy field. Then press Enter.
The Confirm Action screen opens showing the command that was made that requires a confirmation.
- Select F16 (Shift + F4) to confirm the removal.
- Press F12 to cancel the remove copy description request.
The system returns to the Work with ASP Copy Descriptions screen.
If you confirmed the command, the copy description you selected for removal no longer appears in the list.
As a command sequence, type in:
to remove a particular ASP copy description.
RMVASPCPYD ASPCPY(copy description-name) DEVDMN(*|device-domain)
For details about the RMVASPCPYD command, consult the F1 Help or visit the RMVASPCPYD page.