Adding a SVC copy description
Establish the connectivity between the systems with the SVC copy description
To add a Storage Area Network (SAN) Volume Controller (SVC) copy description to your IBM PowerHA environment you need to supply some or all of the following information depending on the type of copy relationship between the systems.
- an auxiliary storage pool (ASP) device description name.
- the name of the device domain.
- the name of the cluster resource group (CRG).
- the cluster node name for the target copy location. Note: This target location field is only needed if the copy description is for a FlashCopy session.
- a user name for IBM PowerHA to provide the storage host when creating the connection.
- the key file for user account.
- IP addresses to the storage host.
- the name of the storage unit containing the partition or the virtual disks.
- the virtual disk numbers of the disks in the ASP.
- host identifier numbers for the nodes in the CRG recovery domain.
- volume groups associated with the host identifiers.
The Add SAN Volume Controller Copy Description (ADDSVCCPYD) command creates a SVC copy description. This procedure demonstrates how to create an SVC copy description for use in geographic mirroring, a Metro Mirror, a Global Mirror, a FlashCopy, or LUN level switch relationship.
- the Work with Cluster (WRKCLU) command menu. Select option 10, Work with ASP copy descriptions and use option 1, Add copy to create a copy description.
- entering the WRKASPCPYD command that opens the Work with ASP Copy Descriptions screen. Use option 1, Add copy.
- typing the ADDSVCCPYD command and pressing F4.
To Add an SVC copy description using the WRKCLU command menu, follow these steps:
Begin by selecting a name of the copy description, the storage connection type, and the associated ASP device description.
- At the Work with Cluster (WRKCLU) command menu select option 10 Work with ASP copy descriptions to go to the Work with ASP copy descriptions screen.
- On the Work with SVC copy descriptions screen, select 1 Add copy and specify the ASP device description in the ASP Device field and type a name for the copy description in the ASP Copy field. Press Enter.
The Select Storage Connection screen appears. Using a SVC storage controller, select:
Press Enter. The Add SVC ASP Copy Description (ADDSVCCPYD) command screen opens.
- 3, SVC for SAN Volume Controller and Storewize System Storage Devices.
Next, provide the basic information all copy descriptions require:
On the top section of the Add SVC ASP Copy Description (ADDSVCCPYD) command
screen, supply the following information to create the copy description:
- type in the name of the SVC copy description to be created.
- enter the name of the SVC device description to be associated with the copy description.
type the CRG name in the Cluster resource group field.
*NONE may be used for CRG name for FlashCopy copy descriptions.
type the cluster resource group site name in the Cluster resource group site field.
The option, *NONE may be used with FlashCopy copy descriptions.
enter the name of the cluster node associated with the copy description in the Node identifier
- If *CRG was entered in the Cluster resource group field in d. above, then the Node identifier field here is *CRG.
- If using FlashCopy, the node entry can be a specific node name or *NONE if using a no target FlashCopy.
Under the Storage Host section, provide the information necessary for PowerHA to create a
- supply the user name of the SSH account used to connect to the SVC in the User name field.
- in the Secure shell key file field, enter the local path to the SSH key pair used to authenticate the user with the SVC.
- type in the IP address to connect to the SVC.
SVC copy descriptions require the logical references to the storage the SVC ASP uses.
In the Virtual disk range fields specify the virtual disks associated with the copy
- enter the beginning of the range in the Range start field.
- enter the end of the range in the End range field.
determine which host identifiers to assign the virtual disk range to in the event the cluster
node becomes the primary host for the CRG.
- Use host identifiers for LUN level switching environments. Add the numeric identifiers of the host or the hosts from the recovery domain.
- Configurations not using LUN switching can enter *ALL.
All SVC copy descriptions need a domain name.
- In the Device domain field, enter the domain the host is a member of, or * to indicate the current domain of the node.
Provide the recovery domain information if a copy description will use Logical unit name (LUN) switching.
Supply the connection information for each node in the CRG site recovery domain:
- type in the name of the participating cluster node or nodes in the recovery domain.
- specify the name of the SVC host identifiers that represents each cluster node on the storage device.
- Once all information has been entered, press Enter to create the SVC ASP copy description.
To verify that the entries in the copy description correct, use the DSPSVCCPYD command or select option 5 on the Work with ASP copy descriptions menu page.
For details about the ADDSVCCPYD command and specific fields, consult the F1 Help or visit the ADDSVCCPYD, page.