Creating application CRGs
If you have applications in your high-availability solution that you want to be highly available, you can create an application cluster resource group (CRG) to manage failovers for that application.
You can specify to allow an active takeover IP address when you create the application CRG. When you start an application CRG that allows for an active takeover IP address, the CRG is allowed to start.
To create an application CRG using the PowerHA® graphical interface, complete the following steps:
- In a Web browser, enter
mysystemis the host name of the system.
- Log on to the system with your user profile and password.
- Click PowerHA from the IBM® Navigator for i window.
- On the PowerHA page, click on Cluster Resource Groups.
- On the Cluster Resource Group page, select Create Cluster Resource Group ... from the Select Action menu.
- Follow the instructions in the Create Cluster Resource Group wizard to create an application CRG.