Creating site names and data port IP addresses
If you are using geographic mirroring, the nodes defined in the recovery domain node of the device cluster resource group must have a data port IP address and site name.
The site name is associated with a node in the recovery domain for a device cluster resource group, applicable only to geographic mirroring. When you are configuring a geographic mirroring environment for high availability, each node at different sites must be assigned to a different site name.
To create the data port IP address and site names for nodes in the recovery domain, follow these steps:
- In a Web browser, enter
mysystemis the host name of the system.
- Log on to the system with your user profile and password.
- Click PowerHA from the IBM® Navigator for i window.
- On the Cluster Resource Services page, click the Work with Cluster Resource Groups task to show a list of cluster resource groups in the cluster.
- On the Cluster Resource Group tab, click the context icon next to the device cluster resource group, and then select Properties.
- On the Recovery Domain page, select Edit.
- To use an existing data port IP address, select it from the list and click OK. To add a new data port IP address, click Add. In the Add Data Port IP Address window, enter the IP address.
- In the Edit window, you can specify the Site name.