Renewing a certificate from the local CA
If you use the local CA to sign the renewed certificate, DCM uses the information that you provide to create a new certificate in the current certificate store and retains the previous certificate.
To renew a certificate with a local CA follow these steps:
- In the navigation frame, click Select a Certificate Store, then select the certificate store that holds the certificate you want to renew.
- In the navigation frame, select Manage Certificates.
- In the navigation frame, select Renew certificate.
- Select the certificate that you want to renew and click Renew.
- Select local Certificate Authority (CA) and click Continue.
- Complete the certificate identification form. You must change the New certificate label field, but any other fields can remain the same.
- Select any applications that you want the renewed certificate to
use and click Continue to finish renewing the certificate.
Note: You do not have to select an application to use the certificate.