User Interface Manager APIs
The user interface manager (UIM) APIs handle various aspects of the user interface, allowing your applications to display help, display a command line window, convert date and time formats, control keyboard buffering, display screens and pop-up windows, and to build screens.
These APIs allow an application developer to manipulate the user interface. These APIs are used in combination with variables, lists, and panel definitions in a panel group object. For more information about creating panel group objects, see the Application Display Programming manual.
The UIM APIs perform a wide variety of tasks in the following categories:
The UIM exit programs are:
- Action List Option or Pull-Down Field Choice adds, updates, or removes a list entry for the application when the action list option or pull-down choice action is a command string.
- Application Formatted Data updates the data formatted by the application every time a panel is displayed, and returns control to the UIM through a normal return.
- CALL Program for a Function Key is assigned to a function key to process requests that are specific to the application.
- CALL Program for a Menu Item is assigned to a menu item to process requests that are specific to the application.
- CALL Program for an Action List Option and Pull-Down Field Choice can specify the CALL dialog command on the ENTER, EXTENTER, PROMPT, and EXTPROMPT attributes of the list action (LISTACT) tag.
- Conditioning Panel Items may be called during condition evaluation for conditions specified on the EXPR attribute of the COND tag and the LINKWHEN and UNLESSn attributes of the LINK tag.
- Cursor-Sensitive Prompt can be specified on the PROMPT attribute of the data item (DATAI), data item extender (DATAIX), and list column (LISTCOL) tags. This attribute specifies the name of a dialog variable identifying the program to call.
- General Panel Checking may be specified on the USREXIT attribute of the panel definition (PANEL) tag. This attribute specifies the name of a dialog variable identifying the program to call.
- Incomplete List allows an application to display part of a list without having to build the entire list.
- Text Area Data can update the data in a text area every time a panel is displayed and returns control to the UIM through a normal return.
For additional information, see: