User Space APIs
The user space APIs allow you to create and delete user spaces, change and retrieve the contents of user spaces, and change and retrieve information about user spaces.
For additional information, see Using User Space APIs.
The user space APIs are:
- Change User Space (QUSCHGUS) changes the contents of a user space.
- Change User Space Attributes (QUSCUSAT) changes the attributes of a user space object.
- Create User Space (QUSCRTUS) creates a user space.
- Delete User Space (QUSDLTUS) deletes user spaces created with the QUSCRTUS API.
- Retrieve Pointer to User Space (QUSPTRUS) retrieves a pointer to the beginning of a user space for a high-level language (HLL) that supports pointers. HLLs that support pointers can use this pointer to manipulate the contents of a user space directly.
- Retrieve User Space (QUSRTVUS) retrieves the contents of a user space. It does not retrieve descriptive information about the user space, such as its size.
- Retrieve User Space Attributes (QUSRUSAT) retrieves information about creation attributes and current operational statistics of the user space, such as its size.