OLE DB provider
Supports record-level access and SQL access to IBM® i database files. Use the ActiveX Data Objects (ADO) and the OLE DB interfaces to take advantage of this support.
The OLE DB Providers, along with the Programmer's Toolkit, make IBM i client/server application development quick and easy from the Windows client PC. The OLE DB Provider component gives IBM i programmers record-level access interfaces to IBM i logical and physical Db2® for i database files. In addition, they provide support for SQL, data queues, programs, and commands.
ADO and OLE DB standards provide programmers with consistent interfaces to IBM i data and services. All three of the providers (the IBMDA400, the IBMDASQL, and the IBMDARLA) handle all IBM i-to-PC and data type-to-data type conversions.
- To install OLE DB Provider:
- See the topics in the User's Guide on installing and removing
features to install this provider. Note: The OLE DB Provider is not installed if the computer does not have MDAC 2.5 or later installed, before installing the product. MDAC can be downloaded from the Microsoft Web site: www.microsoft.com/data/doc.htm.
- To access OLE DB Technical Reference:
- The OLE DB Technical Reference, which is shipped with the product, provides complete documentation of OLE DB Provider support. To access this information, select .
- To install Programmer's Toolkit:
- See the topics in the User's Guide on installing and removing features to install this toolkit.