Manually editing HTTP Server
Manually edit your IBM® HTTP Server for i Web server configuration using the IBM Web Administration for i interface.
The Web Administration for i interface has been designed to modify the HTTP Server configuration file by applying changes made to the various forms and wizards supplied by the Web Administration for i interface. Use of the forms and wizards greatly decreases the potential for user error and helps maintain an error-free configuration file.
Optionally, the configuration file may be edited manually. When the configuration file has been modified manually, the Web Administration for i interface does not perform the usual error checking that is done when using the Web Administration for i interface. Any changes made to the configuration file directly should be done with caution.
As a precaution, do the following before you modify the configuration file manually:
- Save a backup of your configuration file before manually editing. See Managing backup files for HTTP Server for more information.
- Keep track of any changes you make to your configuration file.
In addition, after each modification, test your configuration by stopping and starting your HTTP Server. Verify the directives you manually configured have the desired effect.
To modify the HTTP Server configuration manually, do the following:
- Start the Web Administration for i interface.
- Click the Manage tab.
- Click the HTTP Servers subtab.
- Select your HTTP Server from the Server list.
- Expand Tools.
- Click Edit Configuration File.Note: The line mode editor functions as a simple text editor only and does not error check any changes to the configuration file.
Click OK when you have finished modifying the configuration file. Stop and start the server.