Work with RDB Directory Entry (WRKRDBDIRE)
|Where allowed to run: All environments (*ALL)
The Work with Relational Database Directory Entry (WRKRDBDIRE) command allows you to show and work with one or more entries from the relational database (RDB) directory.
With this command, you can do the following with the RDB directory:
- Add new entries
- Change existing entries
- Remove entries
- Show the details of an entry
- Print an entry
- Print a list of all entries
|RDB||Entry||Generic name, name, *ALL||Optional, Positional 1|
|OUTPUT||Output||Optional, Positional 2|
Specifies the relational database directory entry. If an entry has no alias, the relational database name is used as the entry name. If an entry has an alias, the alias is used as the entry name.
- All entries in the relational database directory.
- Specify the generic name of the relational database entries. A generic name is a character string that contains one or more characters followed by an asterisk (*).
- Specify the name of the relational database directory entry.
Specifies whether the output from the command is displayed at the requesting work station or printed with the job's spooled output.
- The output is displayed (if requested by an interactive job) or printed with the job's spooled output (if requested by a batch job).
- The output is printed with the job's spooled output.
Example 1: Displaying All Directory Entries
This command shows a list of all relational database directory entries and allows you to work with them.
Example 2: Directing Information to a Spooled File
WRKRDBDIRE RDB(YOURRDB) OUTPUT(*PRINT)
This command directs the information from the relational database directory entry YOURRDB to a printer file.
- Work with relational database directory entry failed.