Software, hardware, and system configuration settings that are required for setting up a Hyper Protect Virtual Server offering.
You can install and configure IBM Hyper Protect Virtual Servers on the following IBM Z® and LinuxONE systems.
- IBM z16 (all models)
- IBM z15 (all models)
- IBM LinuxONE Emperor 4
- IBM LinuxONE III
Additional hardware requirements for the KVM host
- The Feature Code 115 Secure Execution for Linux is required on your IBM or IBM LinuxONE hardware.
- A logical partition (LPAR) with one of the following configurations:
- Small: 4 general central processors (GCP) or 4 IBM Integrated Facility for Linux (IFL) processors, 48 GB of memory, and 198 GB of disk storage.
- Medium: 8 GCPs or 8 IFL processors, 96 GB of memory, and 400 GB of disk storage.
- An LPAR configured to deploy the Crypto Express Network API for Secure Execution Enclaves with one of the following configurations:
- IBM z16, IBM z15, or LinuxONE III with a Crypto Express Adapter attached to the LPAR.
- Minimal: 1 GCP or 1 IFL processor, 6 GB of memory, and 50 GB of disk storage.
Additional hardware requirements for the KVM guest (IBM Hyper Protect Virtual Server instance)
- A minimum of 4 GB of memory, and 100 GB of disk storage. - 1 GCP or IFL - The data disk must have a minimum of 10 GB of disk storage.
- Secure execution enabled Kernel-based Virtual Machine (KVM) host. To know more about the prerequisites before you start working with IBM Secure Execution, see What you should know. For more information about setting up the KVM host, see Cloud provider tasks.
- A valid contract. For more information, see About the contract.
- Logging instance. For more information, see Logging for IBM Hyper Protect Virtual Servers.
- The IBM License Metric Tool. For more information about using IBM License Metric Tool, see Using the IBM License Metric Tool.
- The Linux LPAR Hypervisor must be deployed and subscription fees to third party apply.
- Ensure that the following packages are installed and are available on the KVM host:
apt-get update apt-get upgrade apt-get install expect apt-get install libvirt-daemon-system apt-get install qemu net-tools libguestfs-tools apt install virtinst apt install cloud-utils whois -y