Uploading and managing apps
Deploy your app to one or more Guardium systems, and run and manage your apps.
Before you begin
- To enable the application lifecycle page in the Guardium UI
store system ecosystem on
), run this CLI command:
- Review Guidelines for app users and user permissions.
Do not use the command grd_sdk deploy to deploy your apps in a production environment.
Attention: You may see increased memory use or other system-resource issues when running several apps at the same time.
- Navigate to
Upload an app.
- Click , browse to and select your app .zip or .gz file.
- Enter the user and password. This is the guardium user that runs the app inside
Guardium.Note: This user must have rights for the actions in the app. Otherwise the app cannot fully execute.
- Under Where to install, select one or more Guardium® systems.
- Click Upload.
Assign roles to one or more apps. These roles are the users that view the app output, and
should have limited access rights.
- Make sure the app (or apps) is stopped, and click Assign roles.
- Select the app (or apps) and click Assign roles.
- Select the roles and click OK.
- Start or stop one or more apps by selecting the app or apps and clicking Start or Stop.
Update to a later version of the app.
- Click Update.
- Browse to and select the .zip or .gz file.
- Enter the same user and password as specified when the app was installed, and click Upload.
- Check the installation status in the Status column.
- To open the log of actions on one app, select the app and click Action log.
- Modify credentials by selecting one or more apps, clicking Update Credentials and entering the new user and password.
- To download a CSV of the information in the Application lifecycle page, click Download as CSV.
- Optionally, download the log of the app activity by clicking in the Application Log column of the row of the app.