Defining the S-TAP for IBM i
After you install the S-TAP®, ensure that it can communicate with the Guardium® system.
You must know the log-in credentials for the IBM i system.
Before you begin
The high-level steps to configure the S-TAP are:
About this task
- Define Db2 for i as a recognized data source to IBM® Guardium and test the connection.
- Populate the Guardium system with information from the configuration file on IBM i that was created when you installed the Db2 for i S-TAP, using the Custom Table Builder process.
- Create a Db2 for i configuration report. It is from this report interface that you can invoke the Guardium APIs that enable you to start and stop the monitoring process, get status information, and update configuration parameters, including filtering values.
- Click Datasource Builder. to open the
In the Datasources Definitions page, click .
The Create Datasource dialog opens.
- Fill in values:
- Application Type: Custom Domain.
- Database Type: Db2 FOR i.
- all other fields: as relevant for your system.
- Click Save.
- Click Test Connection to ensure that the configuration succeeded.
- Click .
- Select Db2 for i S-TAP Configuration, and then click Upload Data.
- Click Add Datasource. The Datasource finder window displays a list of Db2 for i S-TAPs
- Select your Db2 for i data source from the list and click Add.
- On the Import Data page, ensure the Db2 for i data source appears.
Click Apply and then click Run Once
Now. A message appears that the operation ended successfully with one row inserted.
- Click .
- From the Queries-Reports list, click Db2 for i S-TAP configuration, then click Open original.
- Click Add to My Custom Reports.
- Click Db2 for i S-TAP configuration report, which now displays the IBM i report row. Right-click a row in the report and select Invoke. A list of APIs appears. , and open the
- Select update_istap_config. The parameters for that API are displayed. You can change any values.
- Change the value of the start_monitor parameter to 1.
- Click Invoke Now.
Using the data that you have entered, the update_istap_config API performs these tasks:
- Creates the message queue that is used to send entries from the S-TAP to the Guardium system and starts a global database monitor using a view with an INSTEAD OF trigger, which sends the entries to the message queue.
- Starts PASE and the S-TAP.
- Receives journal entries from QAUDJRN and adds them to the message queue.